How to echo vids to new phc thingies...

If you have trouble with PHC you can ask and hope for help here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
oOarthurOo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to echo vids to new phc thingies...

Post by oOarthurOo » Fri 23. Apr 2010, 09:28

Sorry for stupid title... but I'm running Debian Sid with the Liquorix Kernel (zen source) and it applies phc patches from god knows where...

Here is what I see when I cat the cpu's acpi settings...

Code: Select all

affected_cpus               phc_vids
bios_limit                  related_cpus
cpuinfo_cur_freq            scaling_available_frequencies
cpuinfo_max_freq            scaling_available_governors
cpuinfo_min_freq            scaling_cur_freq
cpuinfo_transition_latency  scaling_driver
ondemand                    scaling_governor
phc_default_rawcontrols     scaling_max_freq
phc_default_vids            scaling_min_freq
phc_rawcontrols             scaling_setspeed
phc_version
Now... what i'd like to do is echo the settings I want to phc_default_vids, which are currently:

Code: Select all

cat phc_default_vids 
44 36 28 19
And indeed... when I do that, it works out ok. But what is going on? Is this really chaning my settings? I need some guidance please!

oOarthurOo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to echo vids to new phc thingies...

Post by oOarthurOo » Sat 24. Apr 2010, 07:00

Mods... I think I posted this in the wrong forum... if you could plz move it?

lxp

Re: How to echo vids to new phc thingies...

Post by lxp » Sat 24. Apr 2010, 14:14

Moved.

I couldn't guess the version from only looking at the interface file names. Maybe it is a rather old version, because I didn't saw the phc_rawcontrols yet and phc_fids is missing.
Can you please post the contents of phc_version?

In general you have to echo the settings to the phc_vids file, because phc_default_vids is only readable. (see http://www.linux-phc.org/wiki/doku.php? ... escription)

If you are using phc with an Intel cpu, you can use the read_msr utility to verify if the settings are really applied.