[SOLVED] Values lost after Hybernation

If you have trouble with PHC you can ask and hope for help here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sauferkel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[SOLVED] Values lost after Hybernation

Post by sauferkel » Thu 22. Dec 2011, 12:06

Hello everyone :)

first of all thanks for this great work, makes my linux (ubuntu 11.10) really comparable to osx ;)

but i've a problem, i added the values i want to use for my cpu (9:16 8:1 7:1 6:1 134:1 ) to the rc.local file to make them permanent. this works for reboot, but not for the both standby modi. there these values are always lost.

if someone knows how to fix this, i would be very happy ;)

thanks
sauferkel
Last edited by sauferkel on Sat 24. Dec 2011, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

DavidG

Re: Values lost after Hybernation

Post by DavidG » Fri 23. Dec 2011, 21:16

Unfortunately, that wouldn't be as easy as it seems. During hibernation, all except one cores are taken offline and are being removed from the kernel module (together with all their data/settings). At resume they are being added as if they are completely new. The kernel module has to be rewritten to make this possible... (Maybe it will be done in the future.)

Of course you can use a script in e.g. /etc/pm/sleep.d/ to apply settings at resume...
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain -- R. Frost

sauferkel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Values lost after Hybernation

Post by sauferkel » Sat 24. Dec 2011, 18:25

I just took the same lines as in the rc.local file in a new script in the folder you mentioned and it works.

looks like this for my core 2 duo :
echo "9:16 8:1 7:1 6:1 134:1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/phc_controls
echo "9:16 8:1 7:1 6:1 134:1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/phc_controls

thank you very much ;)