Problems in installing PHC intel....

If you have trouble with PHC you can ask and hope for help here.
oOarthurOo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Problems in installing PHC intel....

Post by oOarthurOo » Mon 19. Jul 2010, 07:35

I'm a bit skeptical of his rather clever script to determine appropriate voltages. On my old cpu (a duo core 22something) the intel spec said that any attempt to draw less than the minimum voltage (e.g., 19) would simply result in the default settings being applied.

So people are applying vids that crash their systems, or one or two higher, but have they confirmed via the read_msr utility that these are actually being used?

I know in my case at least the script would provide incorrect values, e.g., lower than the minimum defined that must be drawn.

Time to read up on my new cpu, an atom n410

adjikas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by adjikas » Mon 19. Jul 2010, 19:31

Last edited by adjikas on Thu 22. Jul 2010, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

adjikas

Post by adjikas » Thu 22. Jul 2010, 11:03

Wow! Finally managed to do everything correctly, thought I still don't know where my mistake lies... I managed to undervolt the CPU, and now compared to Windows, I'd say laptop runs cooler!. 71C under full load. Was ~ 90ish. Whereas in Windows its 75C ^^
PS: It's 36C degrees atm in MOSCOW...global warming has come :|