phc on Core Duo has no effect

If you have trouble with PHC you can ask and hope for help here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
strowi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

phc on Core Duo has no effect

Post by strowi » Wed 2. Sep 2009, 10:04

hi everybody,

i have been using phc on my thinkpad x31 for ages and it worked very good!

Now i upgraded to an x60 with a Core Duo and am using 2.6.30-zen4 (zen-sources.org), which contains the latest phc-patch.
I even get the phc_* files, but they do not have any effect on power-consumption. I can echo "11:0 8:0 6:0" > phc_controls but it still keeps running, and has got the same voltage values as before.

Can anyone reproduce this or give me a hint? I already tried vanilla but got the same effect...

greetings,
strowi

the-fallen
Administrator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: phc on Core Duo has no effect

Post by the-fallen » Wed 2. Sep 2009, 17:59

Setting VID "0" to a Core CPU will not have any effect. Those CPUs have a hardware-fixed lowest Voltage ID that cannot be fall under the default lowest one.

Can you use read_msr to check what VIDs are really applied to your system?
Is dmesg showing something?

And what do you mean with "and has got the same voltage values as before." ? Where did you read the Voltage Values?