Can I undervolt my CPU?

If you run into trouble with PHCTool you can ask for help here.
Onyx

Can I undervolt my CPU?

Post by Onyx » Thu 2. Oct 2008, 22:48

Hello. I have Acer 5520 with AMD Turion X2.

lsmod | grep cpufreq returns this:

Code: Select all

cpufreq_conservative     8712  0
cpufreq_powersave       2688  0
cpufreq_stats           7104  0
cpufreq_userspace       5284  0
cpufreq_ondemand        9740  1
freq_table              5536  3 powernow_k8,cpufreq_stats,cpufreq_ondemand
I guess I should unload powernow_k8? Or maybe acer_acpi (which I rather wouldn't do as I use multimedia buttons a lot)?

DavidG

Re: Can I undervolt my CPU?

Post by DavidG » Fri 3. Oct 2008, 15:55

At the moment, there is no official PHC patch available for AMD processors, but I'm working on it, inspired by "RightMark CPU Clock Utility" and partly based on a previously available PHC patch and a Gentoo patch which I assume is originated from http://people.fh-landshut.de/~sprecht/gentoo/, but I'm not sure.

But the PHC project is recovering ATM and there are some implementation details to discuss and semantics that I need to work on. But I hope to release something as soon as possible.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain -- R. Frost

Onyx

Post by Onyx » Fri 3. Oct 2008, 22:06

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realize there's no AMD patch as I saw nothing saying it's for Intel CPUs only. Good luck with the project in the future, I'll be sure to check for any updates regulary :)

DavidG

Post by DavidG » Tue 14. Oct 2008, 14:54

Please consider applying as a beta tester at the "PHC Discussion" section...
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain -- R. Frost